Zero Two (ゼロツー, Zero Tsū) is the main heroine and the deuteragonist of Darling in the Franxx. She is a human-klaxo sapien hybrid and a member of the APE Special Forces, primarily fighting on the front lines. As an elite Parasite with the codename "002", also known as the "Partner Killer", Zero Two had always accepted solitude due to her horns and Klaxosaur blood. Despite having no regard for human life or her own and being accustomed to fighting solo, she took interest in Hiro and offered an opportunity to pilot with her, making him her new partner and "darling". After Hiro was able to ride with her more than three times, the pair became the 13th Plantation's newest members, piloting the powerful FRANXX Strelizia.
Why She Rocks
- She has an attitude where she rebels, carefree, and smug to the point that her character starts to grow on you.
- Due to her carefree attitude, she once broke Hiro out of his crippling depression and blind adherence to rules, and the cheerful affection she showed him inspired some of the other Squad 13 Parasites to be more affectionate with each other.
- She has an interesting character design, red eyeliners, and dinosaur horns.
- She appeared to be playful towards Hiro and sometimes showed humor; which is evident during their first meeting, in which she teased him and called him a "pervert".
- Her relationship with Hiro became much better and Zero Two came to cherish and love him more than anything, to which she finally understood Hiro's words where he wanted them to understand each other. The two had shown unconditional love for one another and knew that their bond could overcome whatever obstacle fate threw at them.
- Zero Two had been alone due to her Klaxosaur blood, always being seen as a "monster". The way people treated her as a child made her lose faith in people which is especially seen when she was a child: being very defensive or aggressive when people tried to interact with her. Besides that, Zero Two acted like a wild animal or a feral child, eating with her hands, growling, making other vocal noises instead of speaking and chasing after some mice that were near her. Making her past tragic and had viewers to feel sympathetic towards her.
- In episodes 16 and 17, she and Hiro had fun together drawing Zero Two's "first pretty thing". They also talked together more and become openly affectionate with each other, including kissing and holding hands.
- As much as Zero Two finds Ichigo bossy, or annoying, she acknowledge the tension between them stemming from Ichigo's unrequited love towards Hiro and takes visible pleasure in taunting her about their closeness.
The Only Bad Quality
- Due to her seductive and lustful behavior, she is quite dangerous.