"You're good! But I'm BETTER."
-Wolf, Star Fox 64
Wolf O'Donnell is the leader of Star Wolf and rival of Fox McCloud. In parallel to Fox and his team, Wolf is also known to go by the name of Star Wolf.
Why He Rocks
- He is the most memorable character and villain in the Star Fox series along with Andross.
- The eyepatch on his eye is a very fitting touch for his design.
- His move set in Super Smash Bros. is somewhat similar to Fox and Falco's, but still stands out.
- Much like other famous video game villains, teaming up with the enemies is nothing too absurd for him, like when he and Fox joined forces to combat the Aparoids.
- Despite not being as benevolent as Fox, he cares about his crewmates just as much as his rival does, and doesn't admit greed, boasting or backstabbing, which is why he expelled Pigma out of his team.
- Speaking of Fox, Wolf is surprisingly respectful of his leadership and piloting prowess.
- He was well-received by critics, and becoming a most recognizable video game villain.
The Only Bad Quality
- Considering what's mentioned in WHR#5, he can be somewhat hypocritical, as seen when he claims to be better than his opponents in Star Fox 64 or Smash Bros. Brawl/Ultimate.
Can't let you do that, Star Fox! - Star Fox 64
Remember this, Fox! Star Wolf will take you down one day! - Star Fox Assault
Don’t hesitate. When the time comes, just act! - Star Fox Assault
What's the matter, scared? - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Wolf technically made his debut in the cancelled Super NES game Star Fox 2 as the boss prior to Andross. In this game, he wore no eyepatch, but there is a large scar that runs across his right eye, which is opposite of the eye that is damaged in his current form.