Will Smith is the titular main protagonist of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. He was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. After a street fight with a neighborhood bully, he moves to Bel-Air to live with his wealthy relatives, the Banks: Uncle Phil, Aunt Viv and cousins Hilary, Carlton and Ashley.
Why He Rocks
- Alongside Bart Simpson, he is one of the most memorable television characters in both the 90's and of all time.
- He is street-smart, as he is able to come with ideas to solve problems and get out of trouble.
- Like his real-life counterpart, he is a great rapper. The theme song should clearly explain itself.
- He is athletic in sports, such as basketball and golf.
- He is a charismatic ladies' man, as he is able to attract women with his kind heart.
- Despite frequently teasing his relatives, specifically his uncle Phil and cousin Carlton, he genuinely respects and appreciates them.
- His energetic and fun-loving personality makes him entertaining to watch.
- He has numerous comedic moments. His short jokes on Carlton are some of the highlights for the series itself.
- He has his moments of heroism.
- He saves Carlton from a shooter and took the bullet, saving his cousin's life while risking his own.
- Whenever he sees the errors of his ways, he instantly goes out of his way to make things right.
- He usually learns from his mistakes and doesn't repeat them.
- Will Smith did an excellent performance portraying his fictionalized version.
- He can be immature, egotistical and hedonistic at times.
- There are times where Will was shown in a bad light.
- His worst moment is in "The Best Laid Plans", when he uses a fake wedding ceremony to trick Monique (played by Kim Fields) into marrying him in order to get her in bed. While he eventually regrets his actions, the act itself was too despicable for Monique to forgive him, resulting in her punching Will in the face and stealing his Uncle Phil's Mercedes as punishment.