Wendy Corduroy is a supporting character on the show Gravity Falls. While often playing social roles, she has also gone as far as to help the Pines twins out of serious dangers. Fun loving and rebellious, she frequently shirks responsibility for activities she finds more enjoyable, such as hanging out with her rambunctious friends or going on adventures with Dipper and Mabel Pines.
Why She Rocks
- Wendy is a mellow, down-to-earth, tomboyish, fun-loving and slightly lethargic teen, especially as a part-time worker at the Mystery Shack.
- She generally takes a positive outlook, is nearly always friendly, and is barely seen being moody or cranky.
- She only works for the greedy Stan Pines for money, but helps Dipper and Mabel out of shear altruism.
- She is pretty resourceful, as she created her own place to relax on the roof of the Mystery Shack and can easily get down it by sliding down a pine tree.
- She is just like any other ordinary teenager who wants to be an adult.
- She has shown that she is brave, clever and strong when going against the Shape Shifter and defending her friends along the way.
- She is amazingly voiced by Linda Cardellini, a criminally underused actress.
- Through any adventure she goes on with her friends, she is always there to be helpful and very understanding.
- While she's definitely a great character in her own right and has a good personality, she still could have been a bit more developed. She also never got an episode centered around her like the rest of the main cast. Heck, former Alpha Bitch Pacifica Northwest got an episode before she did! (Northwest Mansion Mystery)
- Her surname, "Corduroy," is a ribbed type of cotton fabric.
- Wendy's character was initially inspired by a real life person, but has also recieved inspiration from several other real life people. Alex Hirsch has said that "the first girl who ever talked to [him] when [he] was around eleven inspired Wendy."
- She's often compared to Merida from Brave since they're both tomboys with three younger brothers.