"Have a rotten day!"
—Wario, Wario WorldWario (Japanese: ワリオ) is the main protagonist of his own series and a recurring character in the Super Mario series. He is portrayed as a self-righteous, money-hungry, and occasionally tyrannical anti-hero and the evil and greedy counterpart of his arch-rival Mario.
Why He Rocks
- He is the most iconic anti-hero in video game history, rivaling the portly Italian plumber (AKA the greatest video game character) himself.
- Wario typically has a natural, overpowering greed for money, which also balances out for his competitive side, especially when it comes to competing with Mario.
- Wario has quite the temper, when he usually gets Into a typical rival competition, or if he loses or tries to best Mario.
- He has been cast as a hero when fighting others who are more villainous, which have made his personal and moral flaws seem smaller.
- He was chosen as the star of the WarioWare series solely because the developers felt he was the best character for the franchise because he often acted stupid.
- Since his appearance in Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3, Wario has become one of the most popular Nintendo characters, and he has received a largely positive reception.
- Though Wario is not the most likeable character, his strong confidence overshadows his flaws and makes him entertaining a la Robbie Rotten.
- He has starred in his own series of games, which have been critically-acclaimed like the Wario Land and WarioWare series.
- The "Oh my god! Waaaaa!" memes.
- He is still unlikeable and unbearable to some fans.
- He is only interested in saving the day when it means fortune for him or a way home.
- He has an entire move set based around... farting.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.