WARNING: This character article contains major spoilers for
Vanellope von Schweetz is the deuteragonist of Disney's 2012 animated feature film Wreck-It Ralph and its upcoming sequel. She is the razor-tongued princess of Sugar Rush that had been turned into a glitch by King Candy. With no memories of her past, Vanellope became an ostracized misfit with dreams of becoming a real racer. Through an unlikely friendship formed with Wreck-It Ralph, Vanellope would learn the truth of her noble background and set out to restore her broken code.
Why She Rocks
- Her character design is very cute.
- She manages to keep an upbeat attitude in just about every situation.
- With a tragic life and an outcast routine, she perfectly understands Ralph's pain and was willing to help him.
- Despite the film being called Wreck-It Ralph, the film was mainly centered about Vanellope, and how she was turned into a glitchy outcast, because of a power-hungry fame seeking racer named Turbo.
- She's quick to forgive people, like when she forgave Ralph for crushing her cart and her hopes of ever become a racer again, or when she forgave the Sugar Rush racers for years to torture and bullying (then again, it wasn't their fault, because Turbo altered their memories into thinking he was ruler.)
- In-Universe example: Her glitching power gives her a huge advantage.
- She has incredible driving skills, that are awesome enough to rival Shank's (even Shank herself was impressed.)
- She manages to avoid death at Turbo’s hands by using her glitching abilities.
- Though even if she did die, she'd be able to regenerate since she's in her own game.
- She was a jerk in her introduction.
- During the sequel, she was willing to abandon her own game, just to hang out in some violent T-rated racing game known as "Slaughter Race". Wasn't the whole point of the original movie to not switch genres? And somehow Vanellope's seen as in the right.