Ursula, also called Ursula the Sea Witch or Vanessa in her human form, is the main antagonist of Disney's 28th full-length animated feature film The Little Mermaid (which is based on the 1837 Danish fairytale of the same name by the late Hans Christian Andersen), a major antagonist in the same name TV series, a posthumous antagonist in its sequel The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea and one of the secondary antagonists in Mickey's House of Villains.
She was portrayed by Pat Carroll.
Why She Rocks
- She (along the other characters of the film), kicked off the Disney Renaissance with various awesome films and characters.
- She basically steals the show in her song, Poor, Unfortanate Souls.
- Her attractive looks and total hamminess in each of her scenes makes her a very entertaining villain. Pat Carroll was clearly having a time of her life in this role.
- She's super effective when she's making one of her "deals" to the people of Atlantica.
- Even with her manipulative techinques, she still has a caring side for her pet eels/minions, Flotsam and Jetsam. It got to the point where she went on a rampage after seeing them get killed.
- She's manipulative, but also smart as she waits until a victim is emotionally vulnerable - and then offers them a deal they take in the heat of the moment.
- She comes incredibly close to succeeding at the end of the film, as she managed to get control over the entire ocean, and attempted to kill Ariel. Just barely did managed to get defeated by Prince Eric.
- She's the only female main antagonist in the Disney Renaissance Era.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.