Twilight Sparkle is the central main character of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. She is a female unicorn pony who transforms into an Alicorn and becomes a princess at the end of the Season 3 finale "Magical Mystery Cure". She is also the daughter of Twilight Velvet and Night Light, the younger sister of Shining Armor, sister-in-law to Princess Cadance, and paternal aunt to Flurry Heart.
Why She Rocks
- Massive character development. She starts out as an anti-social unicorn who only wanted to study to an outgoing princess of friendship who makes use of teamwork.
- She is a very good fighter, as she was able to defend herself against multiple opponents, such as the Changelings and Lord Tirek (with the other princesses' magic)
- Cute and original character design.
- She takes good care of her dragon Spike.
- Shown to be forgiving, as she has helped to reform characters, such as Moondancer, Starlight Glimmer, and Sunset Shimmer.
- She tries her best to be rational and does not approve of accusing people.
- She is skilled at flight.
- She is a great teacher of magic and friendship. She even now owns a school.
- She was the only one able to work her own way out of Discord's chaos when everypony in Mane 6 turned into the opposite versions of themselves.
- Changed the way girls' shows look.
- She is very intelligent and knows how to work her way out of any situation.
- She is one of Tara Strong's most iconic voice roles, right after Bubbles from The Powerpuff Girls and Raven from the Teen Titans franchise.
- Sometimes she is not very rational, such as when she intends to act friendly towards Princess Skystar only as a distraction so she can steal the transformation pearl.
- She was once annoyingly anti-social. When Celestia said she should make some friends, she was actually skeptical towards her. Her own teacher.
- Following up BQ 2, she is skeptical towards multiple beliefs, even when they are true.
- She has a fear of quesadillas.
- She can easily lose her cool under stress. In "Lesson Zero", when she can't find a friendship problem to solve, she goes crazy and even creates her own friendship problem. And the way she acts in this episode is very disturbing.
- Her human appearance in the first Equestria Girls movie and Rainbow Rocks is very unfitting.