Twilight Sparkle is the central main character of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. She is a female unicorn pony who transforms into an Alicorn and becomes a princess at the end of the Season 3 finale "Magical Mystery Cure". She is also the daughter of Twilight Velvet and Night Light, the younger sister of Shining Armor, sister-in-law to Princess Cadance, and paternal aunt to Flurry Heart.
Why She's Great
- Massive character development. She starts out as an anti-social unicorn who only wanted to study to an outgoing princess of friendship who makes use of teamwork.
- She is a very good fighter, as she was able to defend herself against multiple opponents, such as the Changelings and Lord Tirek (with the other princesses' magic)
- Cute and original character design.
- She takes good care of her dragon Spike.
- Shown to be forgiving, as she has helped to reform characters, such as Moondancer, Starlight Glimmer, and Sunset Shimmer.
- She tries her best to be rational and does not approve of accusing people.
- She is skilled at flight.
- She is a great teacher of magic and friendship. She even now owns a school.
- She was the only one able to work her own way out of Discord's chaos when everypony in Mane 6 turned into the opposite versions of themselves.
- Changed the way girls' shows look.
- She is very intelligent and knows how to work her way out of any situation.
- She is one of Tara Strong's most iconic voice roles, right after Bubbles from The Powerpuff Girls and Raven from the Teen Titans franchise.
- Sometimes she is not very rational, such as when she intends to act friendly towards Princess Skystar only as a distraction so she can steal the transformation pearl.
- She was once annoyingly anti-social. When Celestia said she should make some friends, she was actually skeptical towards her. Her own teacher.
- Following up BQ 2, she is skeptical towards multiple beliefs, even when they are true.
- She has a fear of quesadillas.
- She can easily lose her cool under stress. In "Lesson Zero", when she can't find a friendship problem to solve, she goes crazy and even creates her own friendship problem. And the way she acts in this episode is very disturbing.
- Her human appearance (used in the first Equestria Girls movie, Rainbow Rocks, various shorts associated with them, and the ending of Friendship Games), is very unfitting. Her human counterpart looks much better, though.