Mater is a rusty tow truck. He is the deuteragonist of Disney/Pixar’s Cars, and a major character in Cars 3, and a major character in the franchise overall.
Why He Rocks
- He is friendly, loyal, funny, and big-hearted.
- He is more hilariously dim-witted and more likable than he was in the first sequel. An example of his hilarity is driving backwards and even tipping tractors.
- He is a great best friend of Lightning McQueen (most of the time).
- Larry the Cable Guy handled his voice perfectly, and Mater himself often uses his catchphrase “Git ‘R Done!”
- He was so popular that he got his own short series.
- Many people hated his role as the hero in Cars 2 , as the spotlight usually centers on Lightning.
- He may not exactly the smartest car in Radiator Springs, while at least he still has his big heart and loyalty.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.