Toru Hagakure ( Hagakure Tōru?) is a side character in the anime series My Hero Academia where she is a student at U.A. High School training to become a Pro Hero.
Why She Rocks
- Toru's entire gimmick is that she is a girl that happens invisible, which is a good source of storytelling.
- She has one of the coolest powers in the superhero book, invisibility.
- She is a bubbly, cheery, and easygoing girl that does most things with an upbeat attitude, even if manipulated to do so.
- She is very socially eager and appears to like shopping. Her room suggests that she likes plushies and other cute things.
- She believes that taking off her clothes during battle is a tactical advantage, much to the awkwardness of those around her.
- She is a great source of comic relief, which comes from her quirk.
- That being said, she seems blissfully unaware of what it means to be invisible, such as displaying slight embarrassment at the idea of being watched undressing; a trait that shows up even when she's wearing her Hero costume, which features almost no clothing in the first place.
- Despite having one of the coolest powers in the book, it is unknown whether or not if it is permanently active or can be activated and deactivated at will, but has been shown to stay invisible while unconscious or asleep; leading to some unsettling consequences.
- Toru's names "Hagakure", 葉隠, means "hidden in leaves". "Toru", 透, means "transparent
- Originally, Toru's costume had more trinkets to it than just a pair of gloves and boots. She was supposed to wear some sort of mask with a smiling face on it, and her gloves were meant to have mirror-like objects tied to them.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.