Timon and Pumbaa are the adoptive father-figures of Simba and major characters in the 1994 animated Disney full-length masterpiece, The Lion King, and its sequel, The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride, and are the protagonists in The Lion King 1 1/2 and the TV series The Lion King's Timon and Pumbaa. They are voiced by Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella in the animated version and are voiced by Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner in the 2019 live-action remake.
Why They Rock
- They are great mentors and father figures towards Simba.
- They have a great friendship with each other.
- Their song, Hakuna Matata, is very unforgettable and one of the film’s highest praised songs.
- Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella do an amazing job at voicing the two characters (Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner also do a decent job too).
- They always have eachothers’ backs, along with Simba’s.
- They are one of Disney’s most unforgettable duos.
- They can get a lot of good laughs out of the audience, like when they try to distract the hyenas via hula dancing.
- They've gained several spin-offs.
- They've shown to work very well together.
- They are by far two of the most memorable and likable characters in The Lion King franchise.
- While not as good as the original, they still got a fair amount of laughs in the 2019 live-action remake.
- They provide some toilet humor.