Timmy is the main protagonist and false antagonist in The Fairly Odd Parents, voiced by Tara Strong. He is a young boy and due to his life of misery caused by neglect by his parents and pain by such adversaries as his evil babysitter Vicky and his maniacal schoolteacher Mr. Crocker, he was granted with his assigned fairy godparents, Cosmo and Wanda. He frequently makes wishes for Cosmo and Wanda (and their son Poof in seasons 6-8 and partially Season 9; Poof later returned in the episode Certified Babysitter Certificate in Season 10.) to grant for him, though he often does not think of the consequences of he desires.
Why He Rocked
- After being tortured by his evil babysitter Vicky, he receives his Fairy Godparents which is correct and is what Da Rules stated.
- He is willing to help others.
- He is very optimistic about the future.
- He was The Chosen One in Wishology.
- Different from most kids, he thinks before he acts, occasionally.
- Timmy was at his best in Channel Chasers as not only does he learn that he must let go from his GodParents, but it also shows how he has matured throughout the series as we see him go through character development. He start's out as an average kid who no one understands, into a mature kid who must accept reality.
- He's very caring towards others especially towards Cosmo, Wanda and Poof as their relationship and chemistry is nothing short of heartwarming. Apart from his GodParents, he also has a great relationship with both AJ and Chester as the three are truly great friends. Despite the fact that his Parent's may act like idiots, he loves and cares for them deeply.
- Although he has made many amounts of bad choices, he is extremely remorseful and he does intend and is willing to make up for his mistakes and wrongdoings.
- There were also a few moments where he recieves comuppance for his actions like in the end of "Cosmo Rules" where his fairy godparents, Poof, and Jorgen get revenge on him for messing up Da Rules by writing down fake rules with a green crayon and distracting Cosmo when he was supposed to guard and protect them.
- He was flanderized in Seasons 9-10, becoming a huge jerk.
- It also varies whether he was in character or not in Seasons 7-8, such as "Cosmo Rules" and "Timmy’s Secret Wish!".
- He is extremely impulsive, as he usually does things without thinking, which gets him in trouble.
- He is a huge punching bag, despite that being the intention for the show itself. The punching bag trope can also be taken too far at times, especially in "It's a Wishful Life", "Vicky Gets Fired", and "Lights Out".