The Powerpuff Girls are a trio of artificially made superhuman kindergartners created by Professor Utonium. They are the title characters of the Cartoon Network series of the same name, the 2016 reboot of the same name, and the anime show Powerpuff Girls Z.
Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup, also known as The Powerpuff Girls, are a trio of artificially made superhuman kindergartners created by Professor Utonium, and are the main protagonists of the Cartoon Network series of the same name. They are voiced by Catherine Cavadini (Blossom), Tara Strong (Bubbles), and E.G. Daily (Buttercup).
Why They Rock
- They make a wonderful superhero trio together, who fight off awesome villains like Mojo Jojo, Fuzzy Lumpkins, HIM, etc.
- They are helpful to many of their friends and family, like Professor Utonium, Robin Snyder, Ms. Keane, etc, as well as Townsville since they are superheroes.
- Even though they do get on each others’ nerves at times, they all have a wonderful bond and are great sisters to each other, which is very heartwarming.
- They are probably Cartoon Network‘s most memorable trio.
- Their designs are very adorable.
- Blossom is the leader and the smart girl of the group, and also the most rational, meaning it's her plans that contribute to victory.
- She is the Everything nice of the group.
- Catherine Cavadini does an amazing job at providing her voice.
- Even though she dislike bullies like Mitch Mitchelson, she is still willing to help them out when she thinks they need it.
- She’s also very creative, like using her ice breath to save Townsville from a large fireball, and also stabilize the hot weather in "Ice Sore".
- She’s willing to learn from her mistakes whenever she screws up sometimes.
- Bubbles is the cute girly girl of the group who is the most optimistic and extrovert, meaning it's her openness to friendship that sometimes allows the girls to gain an upper hand by not fighting without a reason.
- She is the Sugar of the group.
- Her love for stuffed animals, such as her purple stuffed octopus wearing a small black hat, Octi, as well as real animals, like Bullet the PowerPuff Squirrel, is the most memorable thing about her.
- The legendary Tara Strong does a great job at providing her voice.
- She is downright adorable, because of her lovable design and personality.
- She can also sometimes know how to get her sister(s) out of a bad jam.
- Buttercup is the sporty, no-nonsense tomboy who is always eager for a good fight, making her the key for overpowering enemies that can only be taken head on.
- The fact the girls' personalities were based off single words from the kids' song "What are Little Boys Made Of?" makes this even more ingenious.
- She is the Spice of the group.
- Much like Tommy Pickles, she is very brave throughout the show which is what makes her so likable.
- The fact that she has her green baby blanket, Blankie, is one of the most memorable things about her.
- Her tough girl attitude and the way she acts with that is very tough indeed, and also very cute.
- Like her sisters, she is great at combatting and fighting, but is the most noticeable of the trio.
- She’s also shown to have a love for sports.
- While she’s friends with some bullies like Mitch Mitchelson, she’s not afraid to stand up to bullies whenever she needs to, especially Ace (leader of The Gangreen Gang)
- She’s the strongest of the trio, and really knows how to use her strength well.
- The memorable E.G. Daily does a great job at providing her voice.
- The girls have been slightly flanderized in the 2014 special, especially when they all throw tantrums over a dancing game.
- Their 2016 reboot selves have been badly flanderized.
- In seasons 5-6, Blossom was slightly flanderized into being much more bossier and arrogant, evident when she talks a lot faster over and over again in "What's the Big Idea?".
- She can be close-minded, egotistical, and arrogant at times.
- In seasons 5-6, Bubbles was slightly flanderized into being much more whinier and emotional, evident when she cries louder in "The City of Frownsville".
- Whenever Bubbles does something equally guilty with Buttercup, she never suffers consequences while Buttercup does.
- In seasons 5-6, Buttercup was slightly flanderized into being much more meaner and short-tempered, evident when she made fun of her sister Bubbles for having squirrels in her throat in "City of Nutsville".
- Buttercup can be unlikable at times even before seasons 5-6.
- She is often rude, harsh, abrasive, and aggressive.
- Buttercup's original name was going to be Bud, but one of Craig McCracken's friends suggested to call her Buttercup.