The Munchkins are minor characters in the Oz books by L. Frank Baum, and the 1939 film, The Wizard of Oz.
Why They Rock
- They're MGM's answer to Disney's seven dwarfs from 1937.
- All the actors did excellent performances that really stay faithful to the books' spirit.
- Special mention goes to The Munchkin Coroner's scene which is a pretty funny moment.
- Viewers have grown fond of how they have catchy music numbers and usually talk in rhyme.
- There appearances are odd and unique designs.
- Despite getting hardly any screen time, they were able to establish themselves as friendly and loyal.
- As mentioned before they barely appeared in the story, and wasted a great opportunity.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.