"Once we start a job, we finish the job. That's our policy! WE'RE TEAM CHAOTIX!"
Vector the Crocodile, Sonic Heroes
Team Chaotix (チームカオティクス Chīmu Kaotikusu), also known as the Chaotix Crew, or just Chaotix (カオティクス Kaotikusu), are a group that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. They are a trio of detectives-for-hire consisting of Vector the Crocodile, Espio the Chameleon and Charmy Bee who run the Chaotix Detective Agency.
Why They Rock
- Their theme song, performed by Gunnar Nelson, is pretty catchy and describes them well.
- They were the ones who discovered about Eggman being locked up through the majority of Sonic Heroes.
- Despite being a goofy bunch and not as involved in conflicts as often as Sonic the Hedgehog and his other allies are, they are nonetheless competent and always ready to lend a hand in the face of danger.
- Their quest to pay their rent is quite funny.
- He wears a really neat attire, especially his golden chains and headphones.
- He is the intelligence and the strength of the team.
- He's a good detective and a responsible leader.
- He cares about his co-workers and is always loyal to them.
- Despite having a small fixation for money, he doesn't involve himself in dirty or illegal business.
- Like Knuckles, he is super strong and capable of destroying metal doors or lift rocks.
- When he's not with Espio, Charmy or both, he works quite well with other characters, like Silver and Blaze.
- His crush on Cream's mom, Vanilla.
- His love for music and dancing.
- "FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM!"
- In one of Shadow the Hedgehog's many endings, he tries to cheer Shadow up while he's feeling guilty of all the chaos that takes place in that game.
- His ability to camouflage himself is clever, since he is a chameleon.
- He is a skilled, disciplined and cautious ninja.
- Like Sonic, he values freedom above all else.
- His seriousness balances out his friends' wackyness.
- Whenever his team is given a case, he masterfully uses his ninjutsu abilities.
- His friendly relationship with Shadow, Silver and Tails.
- He's also decent at hacking, although he states that's not his specialty.
- Like many kids, he's very cheerful, playful and friendly.
- He wears a cool headgear for flight.
- Like with Espio, his prowess with his stinger and ability to warp through flowers are nice touches.
- Similar to Cream, he's surprisingly strong for a 6-year old, being able to fly his co-workers around with little to no trouble.
- His tracking abilities allow him to find hidden objects, making him antoher asset to the team.
- He seems to be a big fan of his boss, as well as Sonic's and Shadow's.
- In Shadow the Hedgehog, he was actually able to make the computer with Gerald Robotnik's video to Shadow work in his own scatterbrained way.
- Their Team Blast, Chaotix Recital, is really loud and barely audible at all.
- Like Silver and Blaze, they are heavily underused.
- As mentioned in WTRO#3, they are the least relevant characters of Sonic Heroes.
- For some reason, Mighty is no longer a member, as seen in the modern games.
- He can be a little too greedy and short-tempered at times.
- He was slightly flanderized in Sonic Free Riders.
- Like Amy and Rouge, he was pretty unlikable in Sonic X. Also, he was somehow able to breath fire?
- He was a hothead in his debut.
- He can be stubborn and self-obssessed at times.
- His stealth can let him down if he unfocuses or sneezes.
- Due to being a child, he's the least skilled and mature detective in the team.
- Unlike Espio, he is really unattentive.
- He and Vector will often argue with each other.
- He sometimes gets on his friends' (and some fans) nerves.
- Aside from the Babylon Rogues, they are the only oviparous characters in the franchise.
- Vector was originally planned to be a part of the scrapped Sonic the Hedgehog Band.
- Despite debuting in Knuckles Chaotix, many fans consider their first appearance to be in Heroes, because the former installment was really unpopular.
- Espio is the only playable Chaotix member in Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Rivals 2.
- Despite not being a hedgehog, Charmy is able to use the Spin Attack and the various techniques derived from it.