NOTE: 670th page on this wiki! Takeshi Hongo (Japanese: 本郷 猛 Hongō Takeshi) is the very first character to star in the Kamen Rider franchise starting in Kamen Rider (1971). When the show first aired in 1971, he was 22 (almost 23). He transforms into Kamen Rider, more commonly Kamen Rider Ichigo to distinguish him from his successors.
Why He Rocks
- Two words: RIDER... KICK...!
- Two more words: HIROSHI FUJIOKA.
- Fujioka excellently portrays Hongo.
- Genius; he has an IQ of 600.
- Takeshi Hongo is a truly heroic man to the point he is very selfless.
- While his suit may look funny, it became popular and an instant classic just like his rider kick.
- After his actor returned to the show, he and Hayato Ichimonji (Kamen Rider Nigo) teamed up and became the Double Riders.
- Hongo acts strangely different in later Kamen Rider movies, probably because of him aging, which makes sense.
- This is the first Kamen Rider page on this wiki. (No pun intended)
- It is said that his suit was based off of Skull Man, another work done by Shotaro Ishinomori.