"Look at that! Look how she moves. That's just like Jell-O on springs. She must have some sort of built-in motor. I tell you, it's a whole different sex!"
--Jerry talking about Sugar as she walks past him.
Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk (born in 1904 or 1905) is the tritagonist of the 1959 comedy film, Some Like it Hot.
She was portrayed by Marilyn Monroe.
Why She Rocks
- She's practically Monroe's signature performance with how appealing and funny she is.
- Even though she's meant to be some kind of sex symbol, she never misses an opportunity to show or point out how flawed she is, whether it's drinking, not being very bright, or not having the best singing voice.
- Despite all those flaws she's still very sweet generous and forgiving.
- She's very talented within her all-girl band as she's the lead singer (she manages to make it work), and an occasional performer.
- She's also surprisingly sympathetic considering she's has constant bad luck, including having several unhealthy relationships involving saxophone players who had used her in the past