Stitch, also known as Experiment 626, is an illegal genetic experiment created by Jumba Jookiba, and one of the two primary characters of the Lilo & Stitch franchise. Originally created to cause chaos across the galaxy, he is marked by his short temper and mischievous behavior, traits that endear him to his friend Lilo, who adopted him as her "dog".
Why He Rocks
- Stitch is one of Disney's iconic, well-known characters in their huge animated library.
- He has one of the most unique designs among Disney's vast lineup of characters. And he is indeed also cute and fluffy just as he likes to say he is.
- He is designed to be abnormally strong, virtually indestructible, super intelligent, and very mischievous.
- His adorable, loving relationship with Lilo and her ʻohana.
- He is bulletproof, fireproof, shockproof, can think faster than a supercomputer, can see in the dark, and can move objects 3,000 times his size.
- He has some of the best character development among Disney's characters, turning from a destructive, apathetic monster to a caring, empathic person.
- Although still hot-tempered and mischievous, he is reasonably well-behaved, but then begins to do things unintentionally.
- Despite having superhuman strength and a high level of computer intelligence, Stitch is emotionally fragile and has a childlike personality beneath his monster-esque exterior, making him more sympathetic.
- He has been abused by Disney with the post-2006 spin-offs that feature him without Lilo, including the Stitch! anime, Chinese animated series Stitch & Ai, and web manga Tono & Stitch.
- Stitch and his mischief can be a tad annoying at times.