Spike the Dragon or simply Spike is one of the seven main characters, and the main deuteragonist of the series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. He is Twilight Sparkle's long-time best friend and faithful assistant. He is known for his crush on Rarity and his appetite for gems.
Why He's Great
- He is a good friend to all creatures.
- He is very devoted to Twilight Sparkle and sees her as like a big sister to him.
- He love for Rarity is very sweet.
- He is very relatable in a lot of ways.
- He has amazing abilities such as sending messages through his fire breath, swimming in lava, and writing long lists, and breathing fire big enough to melt an ice berg as shown in the episode "Equestria Games".
- He’s one of the funniest characters on the show, next to Pinkie Pie and Discord.
- He is known for his part in saving The Crystal Empire, which earned the title "Spike the Brave and Glorious"
- He stands out as the one main character who is neither a female or a pony.
The Only Bad Quality
- Sometimes he suffers more than he deserves, making him a come across as a punching bag.
- Spike is voiced by Cathy Weseluck, who has also done the voice of Near from the English dub of Death Note, Rarity from generation 3 of My Little Pony, and Buttercream Sundae from Littlest Pet Shop