Smurfette (original French name Schtroumpfette) is one of the main characters of the Smurfs comic book series and cartoon show. Smurfette was originally created by Gargamel, which explains her original position as the only female Smurf in the village.
Why She Rocks
- Even though she was being created by the evil warlock, Gargamel, this doesn’t stop her from trying be like all the other real Smurfs.
- She can be very kind, sweet, adventurous and optimistic.
- Her design is both adorable and beautiful.
- She’s part of the most memorable of The Smurf characters in the entire franchise (along with Papa, Brainy, Jokey and Clumsy).
- Despite not being a real Smurf, she and all the others consider herself a real one like she’s truly one of them.
- She’s also willing to face life-threatening conflicts to save her friends, as shown in Smurfs: The Lost Village where she literally sacrificed her own life to save all the other Smurfs.
- Many of the voice actresses through the years did a great job voicing her, especially Lucille Bliss.
- Much like Beverly Marsh from Stephen King’s IT, she has the trope of being the only female in her group and having almost every male character attracted to her.