(600TH PAGE ON THIS WIKIA!)
Sir. Raleigh the Frog is a character in Sly Cooper and the Thieveus Raccoonus. He's an anthropomorphic frog, who is a member of the Fiendish Five who helped the others kill Sly's parents and steal the thieveus raccoonus, and serves as the first boss of the game. While he never appears in any of hte ot her games, he is referenced in Sly 2: Band of Thieves, via a picture on one of the walls of the Cairo Museum of History.
Why He Rocks
- Incredible voice acting by Kevin Blackton, who also voiced Panda King, Muggshot, and Clockwerk.
- Outstanding character design, which manages to come off as comedic, but also strangely intimidating, too.
- The way he fights Sly is incredibly unique and creative, and it can be quite difficult for a first timer.
- He has some of the most few lines of any character in the entire series, but despite that every single one of them sticks with you.
- How delightful. I have a guest. The only thing is...I HATE UNEXPECTED GUESTS!
- I'm ever so sorry, how sloppy of me not to finish the job, obviously we should have snuffed you out as well. So, without further ado, let me make amends by what, BLOATING TO GARGANTUINE SIZE, AND SQUASHING YOU LIKE THE INSIGNIFICANT BUG THAT YOU ARE!
- Blast it all, you've beaten me. Well, gloat all you want, Sly Cooper. You're no match for Muggshot, my villanous cohort in Utah. You'll see, Mesa City is so well guarded a snake couldn't slither in without setting off alarms.
- I say chaps, my heartiest congratulations to you all! The storm machine has sunk its fiftieth ship last night, and the loot has already been unloaded. Our operation is moving along splendidly, with the possible exception being the grounds negligence displayed below decks And, I demand the boilers stay at full pressure at all times! If you lazy, low-brow, technically incompetent pack of guttersnipes did your jobs right, we'd have sunk a hundred ships by now! But of course, fifty boats is a fine, fine achievement. Carry on, my boys, carry on.
- Ahoy, dock hands! Capital job unloading that cargo last night. You're the crown jewel of my operation. Do me the service of proving your worth yet again by protecting the treasure key that I have stored down there. It appears there's a prowler on the premises. And if any of you let him get his hands on that key, I'll personally flog the lot of you for an entire fortnight!
- There are several photos of Raleigh displayed in the Cairo Museum of Natural History.
- Raleigh is referenced in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, where his hat appears as a treasure. His hat is also seen sitting on a shelf at the beginning of "Goodbye My Sweet."
- In Japanese, Raleigh was voiced by the late Sukekiyo Kameyama. For The Sly Collection, Kameyama was replaced with Shouto Kashii, who also provided the voice of Arpeggio on the collection.
- Sly Cooper and the Thieveus Raccoonus (2002)
- Sly 2: Band of Thieves (2004) (referenced)
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (2013) (referenced)