Shoto Todoroki (轟 焦凍, Todoroki Shōto) is a student at U.A. High School training to become a Pro Hero. He got into U.A. through official recommendations. He is one of the main protagonists of My Hero Academia.
Why He Rocks
- His backstory is very tragic, to the point of making audiences cry.
- His father Endeavor possesed a pyrokinesis Quirk and married a woman with a cryokinesis Quirk solely to create and raise the perfect hero to surpass All Might, which, of course, was Shoto. He was subject to a brutal training regimen, despite his and his mother's protests. One day, his mother had a mental breakdown and admitted to her mother that she doesn't want to raise the family anymore, especially Shoto, since his left side reminded her too much of Endeavor. Shoto overheard this and asked his mother what was wrong, and she responded by pouring scalding hot water on the upper-left quarter of his face, resulting in a burn. This resulted in her being admitted in a mental hospital and him hating his father for ruining his and his mother's lives.
- He is very powerful, respected by his classmates and even enemies.
- He is very smart, having been accepted into U.A. through recommendations, placing fifth in exam scores, and figuring out a villain's modus operandi.
- He has been described as the most handsome male student in Class 1-A by Mina.
- His power, intelligence, and being the son of the Number 2 Pro Hero Endeavor gain him a lot of respect among the franchise's characters.
- His development is very touching. Initially, he never uses his pyrokinesis out of hatred for his father for ruining his and his mother's life, but later uses it when needed, along with his cryokinesis. He was initially distrusting of Izuku Midoriya, being close to All Might, but later opens up to him after their match in the Sports Festival.
- All his voice actors did phenomenal jobs portraying him and fit his reserved, softspoken personality, especially Yūki Kaji and David Matranga. As always, Kaji's screaming was incredible.
- If one pays close attention, his dialogue is very motivational, not just to characters, but also to viewers. See his photo caption for an example.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.