Shield Knight is one of the main characters of Shovel Knight and one of many Knights that inhabit its world. She is Shovel Knight's partner and supposed love interest.
Why She Rocks
- She excels in, as her names implies, defense as her primary source of attack and shielding herself from both melee and projectile attacks.
- She is a strong female character in a video game, though she becomes a damsel-in-distress herself early in Shovel Knight, she does put up a good fight multiple times.
- She is confident, powerful in weaponry and skill, and tenacious.
- Her color scheme greatly contrasts with her partner-in-adventuring Shovel Knight, showing off her true individuality.
- Her dream sequences in which the player as Shovel Knight needs to catch a slow falling version of her is pretty emotional.
- She is occasionally reckless, charging headfirst into battle, resulting in her fate early in Shovel Knight.
- Shield Knight was originally supposed to die at the end of the game, where Shovel Knight had to bury his loved one with his own shovel; This was changed because the creators felt they hadn't developed the characters well enough yet for the ending to be effective.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.