Sheriff Woodrow Pride (also known as Sheriff Woody or simply Woody) is one of the main characters of the Toy Story franchise. He is the protagonist of the movies and a supporting character in the Toy Story Treats, the Toy Story Toons shorts, and the two TV specials Toy Story of Terror!, and Toy Story That Time Forgot.
He is a pull-string cowboy doll based on a character of the same name from a 1950s children's television series called Woody's Roundup. He was once the favorite toy of a boy named Andy Davis until Andy grew up and gave him to a little girl named Bonnie Anderson. He is the leader of Andy's toys and later Bonnie's toys. In each film, Woody leaves Andy's room (where he and the other toys live) and ventures out into the world on an unexpected adventure.
Why He Rocks
- He is very loyal, likable, and he always sticks with and trusts his friends no matter what.
- He is hilarious and says some very clever lines in dialogue like "The word i'm searching for, I can't say, because there's pre-school toys present."
- He is one of the most iconic and memorable Pixar characters.
- He’s gone through some amazing character development throughout the entire series.
- He is very smart and observant, as he can come up with very sharp plans. Like his plan to stop Buzz from being blown to pieces by Sid Phillips.
- He is amazingly voiced by the talented Tom Hanks.
- His actions from the infamous Black Friday Reel.
- He became jealous of Buzz Lightyear when he took the spot as Andy's favorite toy in the first film.