Shenzi, Banzai and Ed are the secondary antagonists of Disney's 32nd full-length animated feature film The Lion King, and its upcoming 2019 remake of the same name, despite having little screen time. They are members of the Hyena Clan that acted as Scar's former henchmen.
Shenzi was voiced by Whoopi Goldberg, and Tress MacNeille, Banzai was voiced by Cheech Marin and Rob Paulsen and Ed was voiced by Jim Cummings
Why They Rock
- They're three of the most iconic villain henchmen (or animals) ever created by Disney, even more popular than Scar himself.
- Shenzi's voiced by Whoopi Goldberg, Banzai's the big strong member of the trio, and Ed's crazy awesome.
- Shenzi isn't only the leader of the clan, she's proven to be a tough fighter, and smart thinker. There's a reason Scar did business with her.
- These guys have had a rough life, considering they have to deal with starvation, and didn't realize Scar was actually using them for his plan.
- They may look silly on the outside, but on the inside, they're capable of being independent. After Scar tried to sell them out to Simba, the Hyena Clan, including these three, got back at him for years of torture, and ate him alive! (It was offscreen, but still.)
- They barely get any screen time in the sequels, and didn't get too much personality depth.