(230th page on this Wikia!)
Norville "Shaggy" Rogers is a fictional character in the Scooby-Doo franchise. He is a cowardly slacker and the long-time best friend of his equally cowardly Great Dane, Scooby-Doo. Like Scooby-Doo, Shaggy is more interested in eating food than solving mysteries.
Why He Rocks
- He’s just as likable and unforgettable as his pet dog/best friend, Scooby-Doo.
- He has many memorable catchphrases and lines of dialogue, such as ”Zoinks!” or “Scooby-Doo, where are you?!”.
- Much like Scooby, he shares the same funny running gag of endlessly eating food and Scooby Snacks whenever they’re solving a mystery.
- Many of the actors throughout the years do an amazing job at portraying/voicing the character, especially Casey Kasem and Matthew Lillard (two of Shaggy’s most well-known portrayers).
- He sometimes steals the show with his and Scooby’s failing attempts into getting out of a mystery which comes off as super hilarious.
- Him and Scooby’s cowardly demeanor can really get a good amount of laughs out of the viewers, which is one of the most memorable things about the Scooby-Doo franchise.
- He is a great owner/best friend to Scooby.
- There are times on rare occasions where Scooby and Shaggy’s behavior can actually help the others solve the mystery and catch the bad guy.
- He can sometimes be generous with his food, like when he first meets Scooby on the beach when they were younger and he shared his sandwich with him.