Scrat is a mute Saber-Toothed Squirrel and the tretagonist of the Ice Age franchise, the main protagonist of his series of short films and the mascot of Blue Sky Studios (The studio behind the Ice Age films). He is voiced by Chris Wedge.
Why He Rocks
- His purpose to the Ice Age films is to try to receive his acorn but he keeps failing to get it in numerous ways which contributes to the films' funniest moments.
- He is also a very good martial artist whenever he gets angry, especially in Ice Age: The Meltdown.
- His design is very cute.
- Most of the sounds he makes are adorable.
- He's one of the most popular Ice Age characters and one of the most known ones.
- He has received several of his own short films such as No Time for Nuts, which has been nominated for an Academy Award.
- He has became the mascot of Blue Sky Studios and appears on the new logo for the company.
- He even made appearances on FOX animated shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy.
- While he might’ve not played a major role on the franchise yet unlike Manny, Diego, or even Sid did, he is still very popular among a lot of fans.
- His speechlessness just goes to show that a mute character can have personality.
- His scenes are callbacks to 90' Willie E. Coyote and Road Runner's cartoons. In fact that's why he dosen't talk.
- His signature scream is very iconic.
- His character was Flanderized on the fourth and fifth installments where he became much more destructive and dumber than he was before which causes harm and near-death experiences for the films' protagonists which makes him feel more like a villain rather than a hero.
- He's somewhat ungrateful, as seen when he attacks Sid after he seemingly revives him.