Scoobert "Scooby" Dooby Doo is the eponymous character and protagonist of the animated television franchise of the same name created in 1969 (called Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!) by the American animation company Hanna-Barbera. He is currently voiced by Frank Welker and Don Messick in the earlier years.
Why He Rocks
- He’s one of Hanna-Barbera’s earliest and most unforgettable iconic characters to ever be created.
- He’s also one of the most iconic cartoon characters in general.
- The way he pronounces most words with an “R” sounding is very memorable.
- He’s probably one of the best known cartoon dogs/animals in television history.
- He’s gotten many movies, television series and spin-offs throughout the years.
- Both Don Messick and Frank Welker (two of his most well-known voice actors) do an amazing job voicing as Scooby-Doo.
- His design is well-drawn, amazing, cartoonish and a fairly decent and great depiction of a Great Dane.
- He also has a puppy design in A Pup Named Scooby-Doo! that’s very cute.
- He has shown to be a very likable and popular main character through the viewers’ eyes.
- He and his owner/best friend, Shaggy, share an amazing friendship with each other.
- His constant running gag of how he never stops eating food is extremely funny and he’s even willing to help solve a mystery for a Scooby Snack.
- He is incredibly kind, friendly and sweet to everyone.
- The times when him and Shaggy are cowards are also very funny.