"Long live the king" ― Scar's most famous line.Scar (born Askari or Taka) is the main antagonist of Disney's 32nd animated feature film The Lion King. He's Mufasa's younger brother, and Simba's uncle/rival. Scar's desire to rule Pride Rock drives him to enact a plot to kill both his brother and nephew to leave himself the sole royal in line for the throne as "true" ruler.
Why He Rocks
- He's voiced by the Academy award-winning actor Jeremy Irons.
- His Villain song "Be Prepared" is extremely catchy. Not to mention his smooth accent.
- He's one of the very few Disney Villains to commit murder on screen. Disney's not afraid to show death in a kids' film!
- He's also one of the very few villains to have an evil scheme that actually worked! (Too bad his became less fearsome afterwards)
- He's an incredible fighter, as he was able to hold back Simba and nearly won. Hey, he's powerful enough to give Maleficent a true challenge.
The Only Bad Qualities
- Once he became king of the Pride Lands, he hardly tries to be fearsome.
- Idiot Move- Had Scar not revealed the he was the one who killed Mufasa, Simba wouldn't have regained his confidence, and Scar would have been victorious.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.