This page contains potential Undertale spoilers. You have been warned. (But come on, it came out in 2015, and you're still avoiding spoilers?)
Sans is the brother of Papyrus and a major character in Undertale. He first appears in the forest after the protagonist exits the Ruins. He serves as a supporting character in a Neutral and True Pacifist Route and as the final boss and heroic antagonist in a Genocide Route.
Sans is also a minor character in Deltarune Chapter 1.
Why He Rocks
- Sans is a very cool and laid back character who doesn't worry about any actions being done, believing that it will "all be reset one day".
- He is very observant, as throughout the game, he reads the protagonist's expressions and can tell when they've already done certain tasks.
- He has a scientific background, showing that he is possibly very intelligent.
- He has unique abilities, like the Gaster Blasters, that shoot large beams, and Karmic Retribution, which is more effective on the protagonist depending on how many sins they have committed.
- It is hilarious when he plays the trombone. It is considered a running gag whenever he does.
- He is so self aware that he know when the game's code suffers bugs and calls the player a "dirty hacker" if they achieve a somewhat impossible ending.
- He serves as an endearing and helpful protagonist in the Neutral and True Pacifist Route and as an awesome and hard to beat antagonist in the Genocide Route.
- His protective, brotherly relationship with Papyrus.
- His relationship with the protagonist is cute, mostly in the True Pacifist Route, as he enjoys pranking them and hanging out with them, unless they kill Papyrus.
- His platonic but heartwarming relationship with Toriel.
- His jokes are hilariously corny.
- His lines in the game are hilarious, such as "Quick! Behind that conveniently-shaped lamp!" And some of his other lines are very heartwarming, such as "You never gained LOVE, but you gained love."
- He performs at MTT Resort, which hints that he is a talented comedian.
- His reason for being lazy can be considered as slightly nihilistic.
- He has complete disregard for his job and often takes naps at inappropriate times.