Sandy Cheeks is the pentagonist of the Nickelodeon animated series, SpongeBob SquarePants. She is an anthropomorphic squirrel who has a diving suit and lives under the sea.
Why She Rocks
- She was a pretty kind and funny character from the SpongeBob universe. In the episode, Tea in the Treedom, she tries to be nice to SpongeBob as a first visit.
- She's also brave, she's been knowing to fight a lot of creatures. Plus, she's also smart like in the episode SpongeBob, Sandy and the Worm she knows how to prevent SpongeBob and her from getting killed by the worm.
- She always tries to protect her friends from dangerous things. She also tried teaching Mr. Krabs a lesson for sending SpongeBob to a dangerous mission just so that he can go shopping.
- Plankton shared a good chemistry with her in Perfect Chemistry, one of a few good episodes from even the dark age of the show.
- Her heartwarming moments with SpongeBob again, can give some bad episodes a redeeming quality like Truth or Square due to the wedding scene, even though it was meant to be a play.
- She's a tomboy so she is different from all the other female characters from SpongeBob SquarePants.
- This face that she made in Prehibernation Week is cute and funny at the same time. Plus, it became a great internet meme as well.
- Back to the episode SpongeBob, Sandy and the Worm, when she regretted being self-centered and finally learned from her mistakes to SpongeBob.
- She's one of the playable characters in the video game Battle for Bikini Bottom along with SpongeBob and Patrick.
- She is amazingly voiced by Carolyn Lawrence, who does an unforgettable performance.
- Despite getting flanderized during Seasons 6-8, she still remains likable during those seasons, being one of the few good characters during SpongeBob’s dark age.
- She’s still likable in Kamp Koral: SpongeBob’s Under Years, and has gotten some extra charm in that spin-off, as she is a little dumb and clumsy to make her funnier.
- She’s still likable in The Patrick Star Show, as she’s still smart, kind and funny.
- Even if she's not splenetic in any episodes, she's still unlikable in a few of them like when she tortures SpongeBob in Prehibernation Week, just because she's getting ready for "hibernation" as well as joining the rest of the recently-shrunken Bikini Bottom civilians in beating up SpongeBob's organs in Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV, despite being one of the latter's closest friends.
- Her singing in Atlantis SquarePantis isn't great.
- She can be offended over small things like when people insulted Texas as an example.
- Though strong, she can be rather aggressive towards those who tick her off.
- Her constant comparative similes in her grammar may annoy some.
- Her character design in the spin-off (Kamp Koral) looks terrible and her braces can be easily disturing.
- She became flanderized during Seasons 6-8, where she became a lot more obsessed with science, even more so than in Seasons 4 and 5, up to the point where she's become a bland, one-dimensional and neurotic science geek with no interesting personality whatsoever. While she did have an interest in science in the first four seasons, it wasn't her defining trait back then. However, unlike most flanderizations, she is still likable and helpful.
- She also redeems herself in Season 9 and now has her full personality back.
- In a theory based on SpongeBob and his friends representing "The 7 Deadly Sins", Sandy is considered to be the "Pride" as several examples were shown in many episodes that revolve her showing pride in her hobbies with science, her home country Texas and her karate-loving persona she had with SpongeBob.