Sadayo Kawakami is a supporting character and confidant from Persona 5. She is a Japanese language and homeroom teacher at Shujin Academy.
Why She Rocks
- A highly competent and professional teacher who never lets her ever-mounting stress and exhaustion show visibly in either of her jobs.
- She is often laid-back and outspoken, once saying "crap" in class.
- She is also something of a hopeless romantic, developing an attraction towards older students who show her kindness and understanding, which leads to her occasionally projecting her own amorous feelings on the protagonist during the early part of her Confidant.
- Unlike Kamoshida, however, she is aware of pursuing a relationship with a student would be unethical and cares about whether or not her students consent to her attentions.
- As she herself admits, her age makes this come off as shallow and fake, and she regularly breaks character out of fatigue, at one point, even collapsing on the protagonist's bed and complaining about all the work and odd jobs she has to do.
- Initially, due to the protagonist's tainted reputation because of his criminal record, Kawakami does not hold him in high regard. However, as she begins to learn more about him, she begins to open up and would also socialize with him.
- During the Shido's Palace arc events, Kawakami plays a part in covering up the protagonist from suspicion. Ann mentions that Kawakami has informed the staff and students that the protagonist has gone home for a month due to family issues. This allows the protagonist to better remain hidden from the general public due to his "death" as the leader of the Phantom Thieves.
- Her relationship with the protagonist can be a bit touchy. Thankfully, she's aware of her actions and tells the protagonist to come back after he graduates from high school to prevent putting undue pressure on him.
- Initially, she lies that she has a sick sister who needs to pay her expensive medical expense. As the protagonist continues to use her maid service, she finally confesses the real reason she moonlights for money.
- She appears on the day when the protagonist first arrives at the school on Sunday for registration.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.