Rouge the Bat (ルージュ・ザ・バット Rūju za Batto?) is a character from the Sonic the Hedgehog series who first appeared in Sonic Adventure 2. She is a mobian bat and working as a part-time government spy for the President of the United Federation, and an agent on loan for the Guardian Units of Nation.
Rouge is in short, an enigma, as her motivations are always in question.
Why She Rocks
- As a spy, Rouge is trained in combat, stealth, and infiltration, and possesses both super-level kicking power and flight.
- Once she has a target in mind, she always goes for it, regardless of the costs.
- Though, Rouge does posses a caring side beyond her thieving ways having occasionally shown that she can be heroic and a touch ethical.
- She is often capable of recognizing true evil when she see it. Regardless, her care is usually reserved for those to close
- Regardless, she is loyal to her closest friends and has more than once helped Sonic the Hedgehog and his allies save the world, multiple many times on multiple occasions.
- Recently, she has been becoming less selfish, as can be seen by her actions towards Shadow in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) and Sonic Rivals.
- As a world-famous freelance treasure hunter, Rouge has a weakness for jewels, like the Master Emerald and Chaos Emeralds, which she always obsesses about.
- In her debut, she was shown to care more about jewels and herself than others.
- Her comic book counterpart before the Super-Genesis Wave.
- She can at times be unlikable in Sonic X.
- Rouge may have been named after the jewel. Her name could also come from a type of makeup applied to the cheeks (also called "blush").