"I despise anyone who takes jewels from me... All the world's gems are mine to keep!"
— Rouge the Bat, Sonic Adventure 2Rouge the Bat (ルージュ・ザ・バット Rūju za Batto?) is a fictional character from the Sonic the Hedgehog series who first appeared in Sonic Adventure 2. She is an anthropomorphic bat and jewel thief working as a part-time government spy for the President of the United Federation, and an agent on loan for the Guardian Units of Nation.
Rouge is in short, an enigma, as her motivations are always in question. In truth, she is usually just out for herself.
Why She Rocks
- As a spy, Rouge is trained in combat, stealth, and infiltration, and possesses both super-level kicking power and flight.
- Once she has a target in mind, she always goes for it, regardless of the costs.
- Beneath her ditsy exterior though, she is a calculating realist and her motives are always mercenary in nature.
- Regardless, she is loyal to her closest friends and has more than once helped Sonic the Hedgehog and his allies save the world, multiple times on multiple occasions.
- She is a strong-minded young bat, a fearless, treasure-hunting, ambitious, independent, and flirty.
- Recently, she has been becoming less selfish, as can be seen by her actions towards Shadow in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) and Sonic Rivals.
- As a world-famous freelance treasure hunter, Rouge has a weakness for jewels, like the Master Emerald and Chaos Emeralds, which she always obsesses about.
- In her debut, she was shown to care more about jewels and herself than others.
- Her comic book counterpart before the Super-Genesis Wave.
- She can at times be very unlikable.
- Rouge may have been named after the jewel, the Rouge, relating to her jewel obsession. Her name could also come from a type of makeup applied to the cheeks (also called "blush").
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.