WARNING: This character article contains major spoilers for
Rose Quartz was the founder and former leader of the Crystal Gems on Steven Universe. Enthralled by the beauty of Earth, Rose led her friends and allies in a Rebellion against the Gem Homeworld around 5,500 years before the events of the series, successfully driving the invading Homeworld Gems off the planet and saving the life forms inhabiting it. Rose eventually developed a romantic relationship with a human, Greg Universe, before giving up her physical form to give birth to their son, Steven, who inherited her gemstone. She is half of Steven, as she said herself. Unbeknownst to others, her identity as Rose Quartz was a facade to hide her true identity as Pink Diamond, only entrusting Pearl with the truth until its revelation thousands of years later.
Why She Rocks
- She has a good character design as Rose and as Pink.
- She has a caring and loving personality.
- She has neat powers, such as healing and phytokinesis.
- Her sword and her shield are cool weapons.
- She is a beautiful singer.
- She has a very flawed personality, especially as Pink Diamond. When she was Pink Diamond, she was assertive and even a bit bratty. When she was Rose, she seemed to think that her relationship with Greg was like a game.
- She gave up her life so Steven could be born.
- She kept many secrets, such as that she was Pink Diamond and bubbling Bismuth. Because of this, Steven now has a broken view on her and occasionally feels like he has to fix her mistakes.
- As revealed in the movie, she abandoned Spinel for thousands of years in the garden.