Ripper Roo is a villain from the Crash Bandicoot series. A wild, mentally unstable kangaroo, he is considered to be a failed experiment of Dr. Neo Cortex with the Evolvo Ray, although the events that happened after the first game to him could state otherwise.
Why He Rocks
- He is famous for his insane, psychopathic, and somewhat dangerous behavior.
- As a result of his insanity, he can be fearless, reckless, impulsive and unpredictable, often blowing himself or others up repeatedly with explosives.
- He has proven to be highly tolerant and resilient to pain, as demonstrated in his boss battles when he gets caught in a TNT or Nitro blast, either getting knocked out cold, becoming dizzy or just laughing it off, displaying courage.
- Despite his only role as a minor villain in the main Crash games, he is an unlockable playable character in other games like Crash Team Racing and Crash Nitro Kart.
- Doctor. Roo, his alter-ego Cortex Strikes Back, brings in something new to the table in the form of a humorous new contrast to his character, which can easily go away with a small blast of TNT.
- His design was inspired by one of the weasels from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
- His voice is a re-tuned recording of actor Dallas McKennon's laughter first used in Lady and the Tramp, and was used in later media like Chuck Connors' Tourist Trap, Will Ferrell's Elf, and Nickelodeon's Catscratch.