Riku is the deuteragonist of the Kingdom Hearts video game series. He is a teenager from the Destiny Islands and is Sora's best friend. Riku's personality is as strong as the land for which he was named. He is very strong-willed and confident, at times being arrogant. He values his friends deeply and puts protecting them above all else.
Riku is five during Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, fifteen years old at the beginning of Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and sixteen during the events of Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. He lives on Destiny Islands with his best friends Sora and Kairi, and all three of them dream to venture from Destiny Islands to find out what lies beyond.
Why He Rocks
- Much like Sora, he is a very friendly and likable protagonist who is kind and compassionate to everybody he meets and knows.
- He has a very strong sense of justice and compassionate qualities. Which has led him to save many lives of many worlds.
- He is a very strong and well experienced Keyblade Master that can perform many incredible abilities to battle his enemies.
- He has managed to completely overcome the darkness inside his heart that put fear into him, and has gained powerful strength enough to help him through big challenges.
- He has said some incredibly inspiring with morality qualities in his dialogue.
- He is always willing to sacrifice himself to save anyone that he cares about.
- He has saved his friends many times. Like when he woke Sora's heart after it went asleep when Xehanort tried to make Sora his final vessel for his new Organization XIII, and his current mission with Mickey to get Aqua out of the Realm of Darkness in the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3.
- He is one of the Seven Guardians of Light that is destined to battle the Thirteen Seekers of Darkness known as the True Organization XIII in the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3.