"If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff."
Remy (also known as Little Chef) is the main protagonist of the beloved Disney/Pixar movie, Ratatouille. He is a blue-gray, average-sized rat who longs to become a chef.
He is voiced by American comedian and actor, Patton Oswalt.
Why He Rocks
- He is shown to have a very good sense of smell, which is probably due to his gift and likeness to food.
- He adores food and all its various, distinct, and mouth-wateringly delicious qualities.
- He has a great talent in cooking.
- American actor and comedian, Patton Oswalt, brings a lot of the snarky, vulnerable attributes to his character.
- He is another example of Pixar taking normal, ordinary animals and breathing new cartoony, whimsical life into them.
- He has an excellent design that rides a fine line between somewhat adorable and somewhat realistic.
- In the bittersweet ending of Ratatouille, Remy's lifelong dream finally comes true in which he becomes the secretive head chef at the La Ratatouille bistro in Paris.
- The poster of him standing in front of the wall while knives and forks that were thrown for him are around him and stuck to the walls is a bit disturbing and dangerous.
- It is never explained how he can control Linguini's body by pulling on his hair.
- He was listed #41 in the Empire Magazine’s 50 Best Animated Movie Characters.
- He has 1,150,070 individual hairs on his body.
- In WALL-E, a tribute to the character is shown as a robot named REM-E, shown onboard the Axiom inside the trash chute.