"Now, remember son: stay in school, eat your veggies, burn everything but Shakespeare."
Rango is the main protagonist of the 2011 Western animated film of the same name. He is a pet chameleon with has a fondness for acting and major case of an identity crisis: to the point where doesn't even have a name until he adopts one off a bottle.
He is voiced by fellow talented actor Johnny Depp.
Why He Rocks
- Rango is ditzy, cuddly sunshine in a bag.
- He saved Dirt from the vicious hawk, and because of that, he became the sheriff of the town.
- Though he's generally clumsy and mostly all talk, Rango does display occasional moments of cunning before officially taking a level in badass at the end.
- He bravely rescued Beans from Rattlesnake Jake, and later Jake himself, from the mayor.
- At the ending, he successfully brought Dirt's water back, as he promised.
- Johnny Depp's voice acting brings out his character exceptionally well.
- In some points of the film, he can be quite cowardly, air-headed, and resorts to screaming.
- When Rango is in his tank and trying out various different characters, some of them seem to be allusions to other roles of Depp's, including a grizzled sea captain and a Latin lover.