Rajan is a character in the Sly Cooper video game series, serving as a member of the KLAWW Gang and the second boss in Sly 2: Band of Thieves, (2004).
Why He Rocks
- Incredible voice acting by David Scully, who also voices Dimitri, Don Octavio, and Captain LeFwee. Every word he utters is endlessly badass and intimidating.
- Outstanding character design, which not only adds to how badass that he is, but also subtly hints at the psychological vulnrability which secretly lies within his mind.
- He has one of the best boss fights in the entire series; also the first one not played by Sly, and the first one played by Murray.
- He's smart enough to learn from his past mistakes, as after his defeat in his Indian Palace, and retreats to the jungles of India, he carries half of Clockwerk's Heart on his staff, (the only reason he can't carry both with him is because he needs half of it to produce spice).
- Much of his dialogue is very cheesy, but nevertheless incredibly epic.
- Black Clouds and Thunderbolts! My spice temple, ruined! I will not hide while you villains destroy my hard won empire! This place is mine... here I am King! Come face me Cooper. With Clockwerk's black heart, I will show you true power. You are nothing. Come, face the mighty Rajan, Lord of these hills!
- This is it? This is the Cooper Gang I've heard so much about, and feared these long hours?
- Whose "The Murray?" All I see is a fat, patheitc, weakling!
- Defend your lord!
- Rajan is seen wearing a vest in the cutscenes, but his in-game model lacks this piece of clothing.
- The portion of Rajan's beard below his chin is shown orange in the cutscenes but is similar to the rest of the beard in the game
- Rajan is the only member of the Klaww Gang and the first boss overall to be defeated by Murray. He is also the first boss to not be defeated by Sly and the seventh overall villain in the series.
- The Sanskrit word "Raja" means "king."
- His spice temple appears in one of Black Baron's paintings.
- He is the only boss in Sly 2 to appear on more than one episode selection screen.
- His voice actor, David Scully, also voiced Dimitri, Octavio and LeFwee.
- Rajan is one of the few bosses in the series Sly never verbally interacts with directly. The others are Jean Bison, the Mutant Fish, Wildman Weezner, Grizz, and the Moat Monster.
- According to Bentley, Rajan has an aversion to water, but in reality, tigers are shown to swim well in water.
- In Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, while battling El Jefe, Sly may mention the former spice lord, saying "You know I beat your cousin Rajan too, right?", due to them both being tigers.
- The part about Rajan and El Jefe being cousins is illogical because they are different types of tiger. Sly also was not the one who defeated Rajan; that was Murray.
- Rajan apparently never learned of Dimitri's capture at the end of "The Black Chateau," as he expressed anger and surprise at the fact his fellow Klaww Gang member had ceased placing orders for spice.
- Sly 2: Band of Thieves (2004)