Queen Elsa of Arendelle (or simply known as Elsa) is the deuteragonist of Disney's 2013 animated feature film, Frozen, protagonist of the sequel, Frozen II, and the older sister of Princess Anna. She’s voiced by Idina Menzel who also provides her singing voice.
Why She Rocks
- She is one of the very few Disney heroines/princesses/queens, to not have a love interest and is a strong, independent woman, alongside Princess Merida from Pixar’s Brave.
- She has the power to create snow, storms and ice which lead to the plot of the film.
- She’s also one of the very few Disney characters in any form of royalty to have special powers.
- She’s shown to go through some major character development, as shown in the first film and the teaser trailer for the upcoming sequel.
- Her song, Let it Go, in the first film is spot-on and show’s how much she no longer needs to hide her powers from the world.
- Her song in the sequel, Into the Unknown, is just as amazing, if not a whole lot better.
- Her dress design is amazing and fits her personality very well.
- She’s a caring older sister to Anna.
- She has shown to be a popular character among thousands upon thousands of fans and viewers.
- Idina Menzel does an amazing job voicing and singing for her.
- She has found a way to accept who she is and see her powers as a good thing, not a burden.
- She has fully embraced who she is and is willing to find out more about herself as shown in Frozen II.
- In the aforementioned film, she’s shown to be the fifth spirit of the Enchanted Forest, which is one of the main things that hints at her powers.