WARNING: This character article contains major spoilers for
Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan (born Leia Amidala-Skywalker; later Leia-Organa Solo; and commonly referred to as simply Princess Leia) (born 19 BBY-dies 35 ABY) is a heroine in the Star Wars franchise. She is the princess of her planet Alderaan, the daughter of Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala and the sister of Luke Skywalker.
Why She Rocks
- Within her first few minutes of screen time in A New Hope, she establishes herself as a strong, independent and active woman. As she had stolen the plans to the Death Star, hid them in R2-D2, fought back against the stormtroopers and had the courage to talk down Darth Vader himself. Now that's an awesome establishing character moment.
- She may be a homage to the "damsel in distress" role, but she plays with it, alters and tears it apart, with how bold, daring and courageous she is.
- Carrie Fisher does a great job portraying the rebellious princess.
- Her traits make her stand out from the various men in her life
- Luke's was initially into the adventure rather than a particular cause, which makes since considering he got bored on his moisture farm. Leia on the other hand was in it to save the galaxy from the Empire and its Death Star.
- Han was in the journey for the money and wasn't very idealistic about saving the galaxy like Leia was.
- Even though she's a princess, she's not afraid to take matters into her on hands and risk what she has. An instance of this is shown when Tarkin threatens to destroy her home planet Alderaan. She lied about the rebels' home base, knowing the Empire would find out and kill her. She was willing to sacrifice herself to save her people. That took courage.
- Her "cinnamon buns" have become a iconic hairstyle over the years.
- She's had various amazing lines such as "Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking, Nerf herder!" in Empire Strikes Back.
- She and Beru Lars are the only female human characters within A New Hope.
|Star Wars Characters|
Rebel Alliance and New Republic
Rebel Alliance & New Republic Navy
Rogue One Squad
The Jedi Order
The Sith Order
The Galactic Fringe