Princess Jeanette is the female protagonist of the 1932 film Love Me Tonight. She's a princess whose husband had died three years prior to the film and she couldn't find a good replacement for him.
She was portrayed by Jeanette MacDonald.
Why She Rocks
- Jeanette MacDonald pulls off another great performance as her titular character.
- She has a beautiful singing voice as shown in "Lover" and her verse of "Isn't It Romantic".
- Despite being a princess, she's pretty feisty and independent. As shown with her hunting and horseback riding skills and the fact that she's able to handle herself pretty well.
- Her occasional faint spells are stable but still nice little comedy moments.
- Character development: She initially tried to stay away from Maurice due to his naïve personality and being too selfless, but she eventually realizes that he was a good fit for her and truly loved him leading to a powerful finale that proved how far she had gone.