Porky Pig was a Warner Bros. cartoon character, created by Friz Freleng in 1935. He made his debut in a two-strip Technicolor Merrie Melodies cartoon, I Haven't Got a Hat.
Why He Rocks
- He was the very first major star of Warner Bros. cartoons, and the birth of the glorious future of Warner Bros. animation.
- Warner Bros. studios was very exciting, that Porky's stuttering stole the show, so the several other Warner Bros. cartoon directors (especially Bob Clampett) decided to focus on this stuttering pig, receiving his very first starring role in Tex Avery's black-and-white Looney Tunes cartoon, The Blow Out, released in 1936.
- He was named, right after one of Friz Freleng's old friends.
- This stuttering pig marked the birthplace for these groundbreaking future Warner Bros. cartoon superstars, such as Taz, Foghorn Leghorn, Daffy Duck, and of course, Bugs Bunny.
- His famous catchphrase, "Th-th-th-th-that's all folks!"
- Early depictions of him had him fatter and larger.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.