Poof Fairywinkle-Cosma is a main character of The Fairly OddParents since Season 6. He is the son of Cosmo and Wanda, whose most notable spoken word is "Poof", which Timmy decides upon as his name.
Why He Rocks
- He was added to the main show in season 6, and was a pretty decent character.
- He is very cute, being one of the cutest characters in the entire show, as well as one of the cutest Nickelodeon characters.
- Tara Strong does a great job voicing him, which is awesome since she also voices Timmy.
- He has some hilarious moments, such as whenever he burps and lightning happens, and when he bounces around having his fun.
- He is shown to be a good learner, like knowing when to fight Foop with his own unique abilities and to knew when to have his family and allies help him win.
- He is also willing to side with his enemies and others to save the day, like when he teamed up with his family, his friends, their enemies, and Timmy’s normal friends and family to stop the Darkness and its forces.
- Poof is a very caring person, that Fairy World adores him, and when pretending to be Mr. Crocker’s son, he was patient with him, and when his fairy form was shown, Mr. Crocker respected him and let him free, with a sweet moment. Poof even used his magic to summon Mr. Crocker’s robot son, so that Mr. Crocker wouldn’t be alone, which was nice of him.
- He cares about his family dearly, he loves his parents very much, liking to his mom’s caring side and his dad’s goofiness. He also loves Timmy as well, being his fairy god-brother, having fun with him on their adventures. He overall looks up to his family to lead him in the right direction of life.
- He will often help his family whenever the situation occurs, and is always there for them till the end.
- The words he’s managed to say other than "Poof" are adorable and good, as Poof is learning to speak more words, such as the names of his family, Mr. Crocker, and even indirectly referencing Kitty from T.U.F.F. Puppy, Butch Hartman’s other show.
- The episodes "School of Crock" and "Fairly Odd Fairy Tales" are where he actually starts talking in with full sentences fluently, which can be good to watch.
- While Poof was a decent addition to the cast, he was one of the reasons that the show started to go downhill, but not in a drastic way like with Sparky and Chloe, and the show was still good up until season 9, since not too many episodes revolved around him to the point where he was a spotlight stealer. Despite this, however, many people still felt that the show relied too much on "wacky baby shenanigans", given that he is just a baby. Poof would also cause executives at Nickelodeon to keep adding more characters to the show and it only made the show worse, though additions of new characters to the main cast in general are not the main reason for a decline in any series.
- Since he is just a baby, his powers aren't mastered yet. Examples include him crying when bad things happen, and burping when lightning happens.
- Just like with Tommy's younger brother Dil from Rugrats (since they both have the same voice actor), Poof's crying can be annoying depending on anyone's view.
- He also has a few gross out moments, but are understandable, since he's just a baby.
- Since Season 9's "Let Sleeper Dogs Lie", Poof hardly appears for the remainder of that season, due to the writers wanting to focus more on Sparky, and in Season 10's case, Chloe Carmichael.
- In the episode "Certifiable Super Sitter" from Season 10, his one and only appearance in said season, his entire character is wasted on impersonations of several famous people, including Donald Trump and Gilbert Gottfried.
- Poof was born on February 18, 2008 (according to a picture of his birth certificate from a promo of the episode "Fairly Odd Baby").