Pinkamena Diane Pie, aka Pinkie Pie is a female Earth pony who is one of the main characters of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. She bakes at the Sugar Cube Corner and lives on the second floor with her toothless pet alligator, Gummy. She represents the Element of Laughter. She is voiced by Andrea Libman with her best friend Fluttershy.
Why I'm Great! (pun intended)
- She represents the Element of Laughter because She learned to banish fear by giggling in its face.
- She puts on the most greatest and amazing-est parties in all of Equestria. She loves to welcome new faces to Equestria by throwing them a big welcome party.
- Her friendship party in Party Pooped helped make amends with the yaks and saved Equestria from war.
- One of the best pieces of art in her arsenal is her party cannon. She can use it to decorate a room for a party in only a matter of seconds.
- There's genuinely nothing she likes more than to make ponies smile and laugh, as seen when she sings her Smile song.
- She performs hilarious cartoon gags throughout the series, like her iconic 4th wall awareness, defying physics, eating large amounts of food, etc.
- Like many of the characters from My Little Pony, she has a very cute appearance.
- She came a long way since her time at her family's rock farm. The Sonic Rainboom put a sense of excitement into her life, which made her into the pony she is today.
- She's not oblivious to others' feelings. For example, her sister Maud Pie may seem emotionless, but really, she's one of the most emotional ponies she knows.
- She's a very musical pony. She can play up to 10 instruments at once and once used her musical ability to drive away the Parasprites.
- She also had an interest in being a rapper in Testing Testing 1, 2, 3.
- She's a competent chef and can make pretty tasty pastries for all her friends.
- She has a cool ability called "Pinkie Sense", where she can predict nearby events. It's really useful.
- She may seem like an airhead but she actually has a great memory. She has memorized every single pony's birthday in Ponyville.
- She is not always cheerful as she is subjected to the 'breaking the cutie' trope in many episodes, making her more sympathetic.
- Her friends may not take her seriously because she has a light attitude in serious situations, like when she stopped to drink the chocolate rain before turning Discord into stone.
- She can sometimes come off as too obnoxious with her hyper personality.
- She is not without unlikeable moments in the show:
- Her gag of being blunt about Fluttershy's stage fright in Filli Vanilli.
- She took her hobby of playing the yovidaphone to the extreme in Yakity-Sax.