Phillip Richard William "Phil" and Lillian Marie Jillian "Lil" Deville are main characters in the Nickelodeon series, Rugrats, and its spin-off, All Grown Up!, as the tritagonists and minor protagonists of both shows. They are both very close twins, although they often bicker with each other, are are both friends of Tommy and Chuckie. They are voiced by Kath Soucie.
Why They Rock
- Kath Soucie did a great job voicing them.
- Phil and Lil are the fun and weird babies of the group, as they both like to eat many bugs.
- They both care about their parents very much, as well as each other, and they are always there for each other. Even when they fight, they do put aside their differences to work together to help their friends.
- They also care about their friends very much, like Tommy and Chuckie, and helps them out in many situations, like helping Chuckie save Tommy and Dil from the monkeys in The Rugrats Movie.
- They have many funny moments, like their funny story about starring in a diaper commercial in "Baby Commercial", and when they wore spaghetti on their heads in "Candy Bar Creep Show".
- Like Tommy, they also go on adventures that are scary and messy, thinking those are the better adventures, showing bravery and courage.
All Grown Up!
- They are more mature in this series.
- Same personalities.
- They both have cute crushes:
- Phil has a crush on Wally Ramone.
- Lil has a crush on Nicholas.
- They also grew to be more different twins because of their genders, with Phil still having his fun tendencies to be sometimes immature and do some gross things, while Lil likes to do more girl stuff and stay clean.
- They also tend to have their own separate adventures, showing that they respect each other’s activities.
- Just like in the original Rugrats, they still have a strong bond as twins, and they even have some serious conversations such as the difference between their genders.
- They can be annoying sometimes, mainly when they argue with each other or their friends.
- Like all of the other Rugrats, they cry a little too often throughout the series, which can get annoying (although this is understandable since they are babies).
- They do have some gross out moments, mainly with their eating bugs habit at times.
- They are unlikable sometimes, like in "Grandpa’s Bad Bug" and "Hold the Pickles", for torturing Grandpa Lou and Dil, respectfully, with their friends.
All Grown Up!
- They can be a little bit stereotypical.
- It is revealed in a Nickelodeon Magazine that Phil and Lil's birthday is March 31st and that they are 15 months, when Tommy is 1, making them 3 months older than Tommy.