(250th PAGE ON THIS WIKI!)
"Daddy loves you, but daddy also loves Star Trek, and in all fairness, Star Trek was here first."
Peter Griffin is the main protagonist of the long-running adult-animated comedy television series, Family Guy. A portly father from Rhode Island who's an immature, dim-witted, outspoken, eccentric alcoholic, working hard hours at a toy factory. He is, among other things, the husband of Lois Griffin, the father of Meg, Chris and Stewie Griffin, and the owner/caretaker of Brian Griffin.
He is created and voiced by Seth MacFarlane, using a voice that sounds like Archie Bunker, only whinier.
Why He Rocks
- He’s a very caring father to Meg, Chris and Stewie and well-meaning husband to Lois.
- He has shown to be great friends towards Brian, Quagmire, Joe and Cleveland.
- Even though he has his flaws and wrong doings, he‘s shown to learn from his mistakes.
- He has many, MANY funny moments.
- Seth McFarlane does a fantastic job at providing his voice.
- He’s a lot more understanding then he appears to be.
- He spawned many hilarious memes, a good example is the “You know what really grinds my gears?....” meme.
- Even when Peter is doing something that’s idiotic or ridiculous, it’ll still come off as hilarious.
- His nasal "Heheheheheheheh!" is a memorable part of his character.
- Him, along with the rest of his friends and family, have been flanderized horribly in later seasons.