Pete (commonly known as Peg-Leg Pete) is a wicked anthropomorphic cat created by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks. He is the arch-nemesis of Mickey Mouse, normally characterized as a brutish criminal with an affinity for smoking, money, and power. Nicknamed after the peg replacing his missing left leg, Pete first appeared in Disney's early cartoon series the Alice Comedies in 1925, three years before the first appearance of Mickey, which makes him Disney's oldest recurring character and the first villain to be conceived by the studio.
Why He Rules
- He is one of the most popular Disney villains ever created.
- His iconic rivalry and enmity with Mickey Mouse.
- His design is so good.
- Aside from his truly villainous nature, there has been a softer side to Pete's character, notably in Goof Troop and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, which depicted Pete more as a mischievous schemer, rather than a villain, which was a pretty good change of pace.
- Great voice acting by famous Disney actor Jim Cummings.
- He has a great father-son relationship with P.J.
- He has the most appearances of any Disney villain ever.