Perry the Platypus (codenamed Agent P) is one of the main characters in the 2007-2015 Disney animated series, Phineas and Ferb. He is Phineas and Ferb’s pet platypus who lives a double life as a secret agent working for the OWCA (short for Organization Without a Cool Ancronym, a.k.a. “The Agency”), a government of animal spies. In the agency, his commanding officer is Major Monogram.
Why He Rocks
- He has a very catchy, fun, and memorable theme song.
- The famous noises he makes are pretty funny and great.
- He is capable of being serious while on duty.
- Other than being an agent, he often shows up as a domestic pet, which remains intact. Intact, indeed.
- His battles against Dr. Doofenshmirtz are fun to watch.
- He is one of the most popular Phineas and Ferb characters who ever existed.
- He’s a great and intelligent fighter.
- He is protective of his family, the O.W.C.A. members, and Doofenshmirtz (in good terms).
- He cares for his fellow O.W.C.A. agents, Major Monogram and Carl and does anything for them. He even gets along with agents that are not from O.W.C.A., such as Pinky the Chihuahua (Isabella's pet), and Human Agent Lyla Lolliberry. He also helps Monogram’s son, Monty, as well as Doof’s daughter, Vanessa, keep their relationship a secret from their dads.
- He is a good friend to Doofenshmirtz whenever Doof isn’t doing evil, and is even understanding of him at times, like how he helps setting up his daughter’s birthday party, and when they work together at O.W.C.A. with their animal team.
- He loves his family very much, and "Across the 2nd Dimension" is when their bond was at its best, when he had to blow his cover to protect Phineas and Ferb from the Platyborg, and he works together with them and Candace to stop 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz. And his goodbye to Phineas and Ferb before their and Candace's memories are wiped is very emotional and heartwarming, as Phineas says "We're gonna miss you Agent P. I love ya, pal." He even keeps photos of their adventure in his lair. Perry doesn’t mind and is visibly happy when his family regained their memories by the series finale, as Phineas sang "🎶We meet our doppelgangers in the 2nd Dimension!🎶", and he goes along with it.
- Like Sonic has a strong rivalry with Dr. Eggman, Perry has a pretty similar relationship with Dr. Doofenshmirtz, who is a funny villain.
- They go from enemies, to frenemies, to friendly allies. Even when Doof turned into the ultimate evil, all it took was Perry showing him photos of them hanging out to remember the good times they’ve spend, proving that good friendship does conquer all. Perry doesn’t seem to mind when Doof gets back his memories from the 2nd Dimension movie by the end of the series, as Phineas sings the line mentioned above, and he goes along with it. Also, in "The O.W.C.A. Files" special, this fact is further implied when he and his OWCA team, including Doof, went to his home, and Doof says "Oh, so this must be your, your host family’s house."
- Cute character design.