"♫ I will fight in the name of Rose Quartz, and everything she believed in! ♫" ~ Pearl singing about her reason of protecting the Earth
Pearl is a member of the Crystal Gems. One of Rose Quartz's closest followers and her sole confidant, Pearl is one of the last surviving Gems on Earth who joined the Crystal Gems in their rebellionagainst the Gem Homeworld. Pearl would afterward protect the Earth over the next several millennia alongside her friends, while later teaching Rose's son, Steven, the ways of Gems.
Why She Rocks
- Aside from her pessimism and perfectionism, Pearl is usually polite and reserved to others; she keeps everything set orderly and tidy.
- Despite her pessimistic perspective of humans, Pearl is extremely dedicated to her cause in protecting humanity more or less out of her love, loyalty, and admiration for Rose Quartz. She does, however, find certain aspects of Earth rather amazing.
- Out of all the Crystal Gems, Pearl is the most poorly adjusted to life on Earth, being unaware of human social conventions and culture, such as jokes, games, arcades, food, and birthday parties.
- When realizing how much she hurt others, Pearl will apologize and try as hard as she can to set things right, working hard to counteract the damage she may have inflicted.
- Throughout the series, Pearl has been shown to have knowledge in multiple aspects of technology, from fixing Greg's Van, making a semi-functioning spacecraft out of leftover machine parts, creating a functional robot to battle Peridot, to fixing Peridot's Escape Pod and even reverse-engineering it to track Peridot's Warp Pad movements.
- In "Back to the Barn", it is revealed that pearls are not created for fighting, but for following orders. However, Pearl trained to fight with Rose and surpassed the expectations.
- Despite her perfectionism and occasional bragging, Pearl suffers from low self-esteem.
- In "Friend Ship", she admits she is very dependent on others to validate her, which loops into a strong inferiority complex.
- According to Amethyst in "Reformed", she needs everyone's constant approval to feel secure.
- The Gems' fighting styles are based on dancing styles. Pearl's fighting/dancing style is ballet.
- In "Fusion Cuisine", Pearl states that she hates eating. She has stated that the digestive process is what disgusts her the most.